About this position
The Clinic Office Assistant is primarily responsible for facilitating good communication between customers and staff, accurate scheduling, and effectively coordinating all clerical aspects of the customer's medical care.
This position works on-site in St. Anthony, MN. Interviews for this position will take place on-site or virtually via Microsoft Teams.
To ensure the highest level of protection from acquiring and transmitting disease, Blaze Health requires all team members to be fully vaccinated for influenza and COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious exemption from the organization on file as a condition of employment.
What we’ll expect from you
• Greets customers and visitors in a pleasant and professional manner. Verifies and updates insurance and demographic information. Completes accurate registration and scheduling in Epic. Creates new EMR charts as needed.
• Receives and processes customer payments at time of service. Balances receipts daily.
• Prints encounter forms, has consent forms signed, scans insurance card, and notifies medical staff of customer's arrival.
• Scans reports into existing records, and performs other record maintenance issues.
• Handles Release of Information requests according to regulatory and department policies governing disclosure of information.
• Answers the telephone appropriately and directs calls and/or takes accurate messages.
• Facilitates communication between the medical staff and outside sources, e.g. referring physicians, outreach, nursing homes, home care, and hospice. Communication may include written, electronic, paging, and telephonic.
• Manages messages and/or work queues as assigned within Epic InBasket.
• Maintains appointment schedule for physicians.
• Schedules outside physician visits, scans, x-rays, CTS, injections, and labs according to the order and provides outside sources with requested customer information.
• Explains customer prep instructions and procedure information if required.
• Maintains appearance of reception area and waiting room, maintains coffee/beverage/snack stock and orders additional supplies as needed.
• Retrieves, sorts, and delivers interoffice and incoming mail.
• Accepts other duties as assigned to promote the accomplishment of organizational goals.
• Demonstrates proficiency for the skills outlined in the appropriate position skills list.
• Maintains skill proficiency, including improvement where deemed necessary, and upgrading any additional or new skills on the appropriate position skills list.
• Understands and follows principles and standards as outlined in North Memorial's Corporate Code of Conduct.
• Protects customer and team member privacy and only accesses customer- and/or team member-related information as needed to perform job duties.
• Reports violations or areas of concern to supervisor or Corporate Compliance Officer via established methods of communication.
• Recognizes and complies with legal, regulatory, accrediting, and procedural requirements related to area of responsibility.
Interested? Here are our requirements
• High school graduate or equivalent required.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Knowledge of medical terminology.
• Previous clinical experience preferred.
• Previous computer experience preferred.
• EMR experience preferred.
Hours per two week pay period: 80
Weekend Requirement: none
Work Group: Non Contract
Call Requirement: none
Remote or On-site: on-site