Mammography Technologist, Clinic - Minnetonka Medical Center
Blaze Health is a joint venture between Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota and North Memorial Health, which includes North Memorial Health primary care clinics, specialty care clinics and hospice. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do. Blaze Health is committed to transforming healthcare to remove the hassle and make it more accessible, more affordable and less complicated. Direct communication between care provider and insurer will help make the care experience better.
Requisition Number: 498608
About this position
Performs imaging procedures in an efficient and safe manner. Customers will include adults.
This position works on-site in Minnetonka. Interviews for this position will take place in-person or virtually via Microsoft Teams.
To ensure the highest level of protection from acquiring and transmitting disease, Blaze Health requires all team members to be fully vaccinated for influenza and COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious exemption from the organization on file as a condition of employment.
What we’ll expect from you
• Performs mammography exams and procedures accurately. Applies critical thinking skills appropriately.
• Recognizes emergent situations and responds appropriately.
• Maintains accurate customer medical records. Ensures confidentiality of all medical records.
• Utilizes imaging computer systems correctly.
• Maintains compliance and performs quality assurance testing for mammogram equipment per regulatory requirements.
• Accepts other duties as assigned to promote the accomplishment of organizational goals.
• Demonstrates proficiency for the skills outlined in the appropriate position skills list.
• Maintains skill proficiency, including improvement where deemed necessary, and upgrading any additional or new skills on the appropriate position skills list.
• Understands and follows principles and standards as outlined in North Memorial's Corporate Code of Conduct.
• Protects customer and team member privacy and only accesses customer- and/or team member-related information as needed to perform job duties.
• Reports violations or areas of concern to supervisor or Corporate Compliance Officer via established methods of communication.
• Recognizes and complies with legal, regulatory, accrediting, and procedural requirements related to area of responsibility.
Interested? Here are our requirements
• High school graduate or equivalent (e.g., GED).
• Graduate of an accredited program in Radiologic Technology.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Previous mammography experience.
• Knowledge of MQSA/ACR requirements.
• Ability to work independently.
• Previous digital mammography experience preferred.
• ARRT Registered Technologist (State requirement).
• Completed 40 hours of mammography training per MQSA requirements (Federal requirement).
• ARRT Registered Mammography Technologist completed within one year of hire date (Blaze Health standard).
• BLS certification (Blaze Health standard).
Hours per two week pay period: 80
Shift: Days Other
Weekend Requirement: None
Work Group: Non Contract
Call Requirement: None
Remote or On-site: On-site
North Memorial Health is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. North Memorial Health does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, status with respect to public assistance, or other protected class status. North Memorial Health provides reasonable accommodation to disabled applicants and employees and takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to protected class status. If you believe that you have been treated in a way that does not conform to these statements, please contact our HR Service Center: 763-581-6947. If you need a reasonable accommodation, due to a disability, or to assist with the application process, please contact our HR Service Center: 763-581-6947.
INSPECTION OF AAP
Blaze Health, LLC is a Federal government contractor or subcontractor.
As a part of our obligations under law, we must develop a written Affirmative Action Program for Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans, as specified by law (AAP).
This AAP is available for inspection by applicants and employees in the Human Resources Office during normal business hours.