The Medical Assistant will be certified to manage the customer flow throughout the clinic and assist providers in the management and treatment of their customers, individualizing care to the age of the customer. These customers may include infant, child, adolescent, adult, or geriatric. The Medical Assistant may also provide telephone support and facilitate communication between customers and providers. The Medical Assistant takes direction from the Clinic Supervisor, Clinic Manager, and Providers.
The Licensed Practical Nurse is responsible for providing individualized care to customers and their families according to established standards, policies, and procedures. Dependent on clinic, customer populations may include infants, children, adolescents, adults, and geriatrics. The LPN provides observation, monitoring, and intervention when necessary.
Specialty Care Clinics:
• Completes pre-visit planning to prepare the care team for the customer’s visit
• May assist with prescription refills under supervision of the provider according to the Clinic Medication Refill Protocol
• Assists the provider and other members of the customer’s care team in communicating about the customer’s care plan both during and outside of the customer’s clinic visit. Will provide assistance in coordination of transportation, surgery scheduling, and other follow up care as needed.
• Assists in the coordination of follow-up care within the Atrium Specialty Clinic when a customer has been discharged from our provider’s care in the hospital.
1. Assists provider with care of customers of all age groups.
2. Ensures that exam rooms are prepared for exam.
3. Follows the standard rooming process when rooming customers: obtains vitals and reconciles medications with customers.
4. Performs diagnostic tests including but not limited to EKG’s, holter and event monitor set-up, vision and hearing screens, x-rays, nebulizer treatments, peak flows, O2 sats. Communicates outcomes verbally and documents appropriately.
5. Notifies customer of test and procedure results under provider direction.
6. Gives immunizations, injections, and other medications as directed by provider.
7. Performs laboratory specimen collection as needed.
• Accepts other duties as assigned to promote the accomplishment of organizational goals.
• The team member is accountable to demonstrate proficiency for the skills outlined in the appropriate position skills list.
• The team member is accountable to maintain skill proficiency, including improvement where deemed necessary, and upgrading any additional or new skills on the appropriate position skills list.
• Recognizes and complies with legal regulatory, accrediting and procedural requirements related to area of responsibility.
• Understands and follows principles and standards as outlined in Blaze Health’s Corporate Code of Conduct.
• Protects customer and team member privacy and only accesses customer and/or team member related information as needed to perform job duties.
• Reports violations or areas of concern to supervisor or Corporate Compliance Officer via established methods of communication.
Interested? Here are our requirements
• High School graduate or equivalent (i.e., GED) required.
• Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program required.
• Must be certified; or pass the certification exam within 6 months of hire as a condition of continued employment.
• Graduate from an accredited Licensed Practical Nursing or Vocational School required.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Previous experience in a clinical setting preferred.
- Passed x-ray operator’s examination or willing to take exam according to individual clinic needs, if applicable
- Must be able to prioritize multiple tasks in an efficient manner.
- Knowledge of and skill in using computer software applications.
Sign On Bonus:
$1000 Sign On Bonus to qualified applicants who agree to a one (1) year commitment to the role. $500 will be paid upon hire and $500 will be paid after six (6) months of employment. If employment is ended prior to the one (1) year commitment is met a prorated amount will be required to be paid back. Current team members or those who have been employed by North Memorial Health or Blaze Health in the last six (6) are not eligible for bonus.
Hours per two week pay period: 80
Shift: Days 8 hours
Weekend Requirement: None
Work Group: Non Contract
Call Requirement: None