About this position
This role will mainly involve lab assignments; we are looking for a Medical Assistant or LPN who is looking to wear many hats and can be flexible in work assignments to support the needs of our customers and the team.
The Medical Assistant will be certified to manage the customer flow throughout the clinic and assist providers in the management and treatment of their customers, individualizing care to the age of the customer. These customers may include infant, child, adolescent, adult, or geriatric. The Medical Assistant may also provide telephone support and facilitate communication between customers and providers. The Medical Assistant takes direction from the Clinic Supervisor, Clinic Manager, and Providers.
The Licensed Practical Nurse is responsible for providing individualized care to customers and their families according to established standards, policies, and procedures. Dependent on clinic, customer populations may include infants, children adolescents, adults and geriatrics. The LPN provides observation, monitoring, and intervention when necessary.
What we’ll expect from you
• Addresses health care directives and safety concerns with customer during rooming process
• May assist with prescription refills under the supervision of the provider according to the Clinic Medication Refill Policy.
• Assists customers via telephone in the clinic Message Center. May collect information and transmit that information to a provider so that the provider can make a decision about customer care. May give the provider’s advice to the customer. However, the CMA cannot perform telephone triage.
• May perform x-ray duties as assigned if individual has passed the x-ray operator exam.
• Performs clinic laboratory tasks including order processing, specimen collection and processing, and diagnostic testing. Completes annual Lab competency testing. Quality control functions include performing calibrations, proficiency testing and attending in-services with regard to lab changes in procedure and/or equipment.
• Accepts duties as assigned to promote the accomplishment of organizational goals.
• The team member is accountable to demonstrate proficiency for the skills outlined in the appropriate position skills list.
• The team member is accountable to maintain skill proficiency, including improvement where deemed necessary, and upgrading any additional or new skills on the appropriate position skills list.
Interested? Here are our requirements
• High School diploma or equivalent (i.e., GED) required.
• Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program required.
• Must be certified or pass the certification exam within 6 months of hire as a condition of continued employment.
• Graduate from an accredited Licensed Practical Nursing or Vocational School required.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Previous experience in a clinical setting preferred.
• Must be able to prioritize multiple tasks in an efficient manner.
• Knowledge of and skill in using computer software applications.
• Demonstrated leadership, verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills required.
• Current BLS Certification - NMHC Standard
• Medical Assistant Certification - NMHC Standard
• Current licensure as LPN in the State of Minnesota
Sign On Bonus:
$1000 Sign On Bonus to qualified applicants who agree to a one (1) year commitment to the role. $500 will be paid upon hire and $500 will be paid after six (6) months of employment. If employment is ended prior to the one (1) year commitment is met a prorated amount will be required to be paid back. Current team members or those who have been employed by North Memorial Health or Blaze Health in the last six (6) are not eligible for bonus.