About this position
The Certified Nurse Practitioner (CNP) is a health care professional that has advanced training and certification and is registered to practice medicine under the statutes set forth by the MN Board of Nursing. In collaboration and consultation with the physician(s) and other team members, the CNP functions as a member of the health care management team to provide continuity of customer care and unmatched customer service.
What we’ll expect from you
• Completes comprehensive medical records, including health history, history of chief complaint, physical examination upon customer admission and documents the findings in the customer record.
• Assesses customers using physically and technologically derived data, including the evaluation of diagnostic test results, and documents assessments in the customer record, recognizes normal and abnormal findings.
• Diagnosis medical conditions and plans medical therapeutics and interventions, makes referrals to other disciplines based on the medical database and documents and communicates the diagnosis and plan to other members of the heath care team.
• Performs diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, orders pharmacological and non-pharmacological therapeutics, and therapies.
• Evaluates and analyzes customers' responses to disease processes and therapeutic interventions, and determines the effectiveness of care and the need to alter the plan of care.
• Provides information and support to customers and families, facilitates ocmmunicates between between customers and family members and members of the health care team.
• Collaborates with members of the health care team to implement and evaluate holistic customer care delivery.
• Serves as a resource to members of the health care team to facilitate customer delivery by using an indepth pathophysiologic and psychosocial knowledge base.
• Provides customer care by effectively using resources and participating in efforts to minimize costs and prevent unnecessary duplication.
• Documents customer care and communicates with other care givers, including utilizing the electronic health record.
• Provides the necessary information for billing for services provided by the NP and being compliant with the documentation necessary for that service billed in accordance with organizational standards.
• Participates in or initiates activities that enhance professional development with the role as a Nurse Practitioner.
• Acts as a role model, and in selected cases, precepts other APP's.
• Provides leadership and actively participates in the assessment, development and implementation and evaluation of quality improvement programs.
• May be expected to participate in a precepting or collaborative arrangement with a physician based on experience in the specialty and as required by medical staff bylaws.
• Accepts other duties as assigned to promote the accomplishment of organizational goals.
• The provider is accountable for maintaining skill proficiency necessary for the position.
• Recognizes and complies with legal regulatory, accrediting and procedural requirements related to area of responsibility.
• Understands and follows principles and standards as outlined in Blaze Health’s Corporate Code of Conduct.
• Protects customer/team member privacy and only accesses customer/team member related information as needed to perform job duties.
• Reports violations or areas of concern to supervisor or Corporate Compliance Officer via established methods of communication.
Interested? Here are our requirements
• Master’s or higher degree in Nursing required.
• Certification prior to the Masters’ degree requirement and current practice as a Nurse Practitioner in their area of specialization or documentation of current competency.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Two or more years experience in a Nurse Practitioner role preferred.
• One or more years experience in area of specialization preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Ability to balance prioritize work in a rapidly changing environment.
• Works well independently in addition to being skilled in interdisciplinary collaboration.
• Demonstrates effective written and oral communication.
• Current licensure as RN and APRN in State of Minnesota
• Must hold a valid DEA: For initial credentialing applicants only:
if in the process of obtaining a MN DEA, a physician within the
NP’s practice must submit a time limited DEA co-sign letter to
Blaze Health’s designated Credentialing Office if applicant
does not have a DEA certificate. Federal Requirement
• Collaboration agreement with a physician group of same specialty area of practice.
Licensure/Certification(s) Mandatory where Applicable
Hours per two week pay period: 00
Shift: Day/Evening 12 hours
Weekend Requirement: Weekends as Needed
Work Group: Non Contract
Call Requirement: None