About this position
The Director of Call Center Operations is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the call center supporting Blaze Health operated clinics with the objective of delivering a highly differentiated and exceptional customer experience. This includes all inbound and outbound calls, call handoffs, centralized scheduling, and nurse triage needs. The Director of Call Center Operations is accountable for ensuring that all calls to the customer service and nurse triage teams are handled promptly and effectively, exceed customer experience expectations, meets all regulatory and quality expectations, and lead the market in offering a differentiated “front door” experience.
This leader also serves as the person responsible interfacing with shared services leadership within the Blaze Health parent organizations who provide the staff to the call center via a shared services agreement. The incumbent will be responsible for establishing, monitoring and maintaining service level agreements and measures associated with the operations of the call center to drive best in class performance.
What we’ll expect from you
• Plans and directs all aspects of the Call Center, including scheduling and nurse triage offerings
• Leads development, implementation, measurement, and performance in call center key performance indicators to delivery “best in class” experience for customers and clinic teams.
• Actively collaborates with cross organization leaders responsible for the staff providing services in the call center via an intercompany shared services agreement.
• Oversees the staffing plan, development of professional competencies, and training plans for team members within the call center (customer service representative and nurse triage) functions
• Develops and implements programs designed to deliver a differentiated customer experience and a market defining “front door” experience
• Develops strong and collaborative relationships across Blaze Health and its parent organizations to set and maintain performance standards designed to delivery on the strategic and operational objectives of the organization.
• Works collaboratively with Blaze Health operational and clinical leaders to insure seamless interface between call center operations and clinic operations
• Achieves key customer care, financial and/or operational outcomes as found in annual work plan.
• Leverages and adheres to systems and processes that drive accountability for customer care, financial and operational outcomes.
• Works effectively with team colleagues and other key partners to execute divisional and/or departmental initiatives and day-to-day operations.
• Effectively communicates with teammates and key partners.
• Develops talent within the team, including acquiring, engaging and retaining.
• Staffs, organizes and schedules the team to leverage maximum labor productivity.
• Understands, tracks and focuses the team on metrics that measure key business outcomes.
• Translates business support vision and strategies to team level and engages and empowers team members to meet customer’s needs in innovative ways.
Thought Leadership (Analysis, Strategic Thinking, Financial Acumen)
• Exhibit Inventiveness
• Act Strategically
• Use Financial Data
Results Leadership (Focus on Customers, Managing Execution, Results Orientation)
• Meet Customer Needs
• See Challenges as Opportunities
• Support Team Members to anticipate customer’s needs
People Leadership (Engage and Inspire, Talent Enhancement)
• Encourage Team Member engagement
• Set performance expectations and drive personal accountability
• Build Relationships
Personal Leadership (Adaptability)
• Embrace Change
• Create environment for team members to provide the best customer service
• Accept Accountability
• Recognizes and complies with legal regulatory, accrediting and procedural requirements related to area of responsibility.
• Understands and follows principles and standards as outlined in the Corporate Code of Conduct.
• Protects customer and team member privacy and only accesses customer and/or team member related information as needed to perform job duties.
• Reports violations or areas of concern to supervisor or Corporate Compliance Officer via established methods of communication.
Interested? Here are our requirements
• Masters degree in healthcare or related field
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• At least 7 years of progressive leadership experience
• At least 5 years’ experience leading health care call center operations with demonstrated success in developing, implementing and achieving call center measures of performance success
• Experience leading call center operations supporting a multispecialty clinic environment is highly preferred
• Experience leading in complex matrixed environment is highly preferred
Hours per two week pay period: 80
Shift: Days Variable
Weekend Requirement: Weekends as Needed
Work Group: Executive/VP/Director
Call Requirement: Off Premise Call