About this position
The Chief Operating Officer (COO) will serve as a key member of the Blaze Health LLC executive team and is responsible for ensuring the delivery of an exceptional customer experience and the highest quality clinical care, while also delivering on the financial performance and strategic goals of the organization, The COO provides overall operational and strategic leadership for all Blaze Health owned and partnered primary care and specialty care clinics, as well as leading related support areas that are part of Blaze Health. In addition to accountability for the discreet clinics and programs, the COO is also responsible for partnering with other divisions, departments and leaders across its owner entities (i.e., North Memorial Health and Stella) to integrate care across the continuum and to deliver on the vision of a seamless customer experience in a value based care delivery environment. The focus of this integration is on insuring a consistently exceptional customer experience while managing the total cost of care (TCOC) and continuously improving clinical outcomes.
The COO provides strategic and tactical input to the CEO and the Blaze Health Board of Directors while being accountable for implementation and execution of strategic priorities. A key expectation of this leader is the ability to develop and/or leverage approaches or frameworks for the implementation of these priorities through effective project planning, knowledge transfer, progress tracking and sustainability of improvements. Additionally, these priorities will be viewed on a system-wide basis – incorporating payer and provider environments – to build synergies to benefit customers, providers, staff, and the Blaze Health LLC parent entities.
Working in partnership with the Blaze Health Chief Medical Officer (who is the dyad partner of the COO) and the Blaze Health executive team, the COO models the philosophy of shared accountability between operational and clinical leadership. The COO is accountable to recruit, develop and sustain and operational leadership team promoting a culture of excellence and partnership across all levels of leadership. The COO will establish and promote an environment in which all Blaze Health team members and external colleagues are focused on fostering an environment of continuous improvement, exceptional team member engagement, and an unwavering commitment to our customers.
What we’ll expect from you
Interested? Here are our requirements
• Master’s degree in business, healthcare or related discipline
• Bachelor’s degree in business, healthcare or related discipline with at least 15 years’ experience in multispecialty clinic leadership will be considered for candidates with highly relevant experience.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Minimum of 15 years in progressive leadership experience in multi-specialty, multi-site clinic setting with at least 5+ years at senior leadership level (VP or C-level)
• Exceptional operational and financial acumen with demonstrated experience and knowledge in value based care delivery models.
• Successful prior operational leadership and effective P&L management of a multi-specialty clinic organization of relevant size, scale and complexity (200+ providers)
• Prior leadership experience within a complex integrated delivery system, with particular interest in experience in integrated or virtually integrated payer-provider delivery systems.
• Proven track record of success in leading standardization, innovation, optimization and integration initiatives.
• Outstanding ability to collaborate with providers, staff and other leaders and to lead through influence in a heavily matrixed environment.
• Demonstrated success in developing collaborative partnerships across diverse stakeholders
• Experience with practice acquisitions and practice growth through alternative partnership arrangements.
Hours per two week pay period: 80
Shift: Days 8 hours
Weekend Requirement: Weekends as Needed
Work Group: Executive/VP/Director
Call Requirement: Occasional Call