About this position
The Clinic Registered Nurse provides individualized care to customers and their families according to established standards, policies, and procedures. Customer populations may include infants, children, adolescents, adults and geriatrics. The Clinic RN uses the nursing process as a framework for practice in general and unit specific competencies.
What we’ll expect from you
• The RN executes the Standards of Nursing Practice including: assessment; nursing diagnosis; outcome identification; planning; implementation; and evaluation.
• Collaborates with customers, families, peers and other care providers to provide continuity of customer care.
• Recognizes emergent and unsafe situations and responds promptly and effectively.
• Contributes to the professional development of peers, students and other health care providers and promotes shared accountability and decision making for nursing practice.
• Provides customer education to customers and family members regarding disease process, lab or test results, and medications
• Refills medications for customers using the Medication Refill Policy. Assists with obtaining Prior Authorizations for customer medications.
• Documents appropriately in the customers EMR (electronic medical record)
• Accepts other duties as assigned to promote the accomplishment of organizational goals.
• The team member is accountable to demonstrate proficiency for the skills outlined in the appropriate position skills list.
• The team member is accountable to maintain skill proficiency, including improvement where deemed necessary, and upgrading any additional or new skills on the appropriate position skills list.
• Recognizes and complies with legal, regulatory, accrediting and procedural requirements related to area of responsibility.
• Understands and follows principles and standards as outlined in North Memorial's Corporate Code of Conduct.
• Protects customer and team member privacy and only accesses customer and/or team member related information as needed to perform job duties.
• Reports violations or areas of concern to supervisor or Corporate Compliance Officer via established methods of communication.
Interested? Here are our requirements
• Graduate from an accredited school of nursing required.
• Bachelor Degree in Nursing preferred.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Previous experience in endocrinology or diabetes management.
• Ability to be anticipatory to the needs of the customer; take initiative, self-motivated and a proactive, independent, accountable and dependable performer.
• Strong communication skills with demonstrated ability to express ideas and information (both in written and oral form) clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate for the audience.
• Ability to be accountable for quality customer care and quality customer service, and respond appropriately to a variety of personalities and situations.
• Knowledge of professional nursing principles and practice.
• Current licensure as RN in State of Minnesota.
- State Requirement
• Current BLS Certification BH Standard
• Diabetes Education or Dietician Certification preferred
Hours per two week pay period: 64
Shift: Days 8 hours
Weekend Requirement: None
Work Group: Non Contract
Call Requirement: None