About this position
This position would support both the Maple Grove and Robbinsdale location.
The Registered Nurse (RN), Perinatal Center, is a health care provider responsible for providing individualized care to customers and their families according to established standards, policies and procedures. Customer populations include women requiring assessment by a Maternal-Fetal Medicine specialist. The Nurse uses the nursing process as a framework for practice in general and unit specific competencies. The RN works closely with the physicians to assure for effective customer flow and assists providers in treatment / management of their customers. Provides direct customer care within established competencies including fetal monitoring, maternal and fetal assessment, customer education and assists physician with procedures including amniocentesis, and other procedures related to the assessment and care of the high-risk pregnant customer.
What we’ll expect from you
• Provides care to each woman and their familiy to identify unique physical, social and emotional needs and demonstrates respect for customer and family culture, autonomy, dignity, values and beliefs.
• Collects, analyzes and reports customer care data and collaborates with the customer and interdisciplinary team to develop the plan of care.
• Provides health education and health promotion to customers and their family related to condition and plan of care.
• Performs diagnostic tests, which include but are not limited to: general laboratory tests, amniocentesis and fetal monitoring.
• Participates in divisional meetings, quality improvement processes and staff development initiatives as indicated.
• Effectively communicates to all customers and appropriately documents care and assessments.
• Provides oversight and guidance to clerical staff in prioritizing and scheduling customers.
• Identifies ethical concerns and uses existing organizational processes to communicate.
• Accepts other duties as assigned to promote the accomplishment of organizational goals.
• The team member is accountable to demonstrate proficiency for the skills outlined in the appropriate position skills list.
• The team member is accountable to maintain skill proficiency, including improvement where deemed necessary, and upgrading any additional or new skills on the appropriate position skills list. • Recognizes and complies with legal, regulatory, accrediting and procedural requirements related to area of responsibility.
• Understands and follows principles and standards as outlined in North Memorial's Corporate Code of Conduct.
• Protects customer and team member privacy and only accesses customer and/or team member related information as needed to perform job duties.
• Reports violations or areas of concern to supervisor or Corporate Compliance Officer via established methods of communication.
Interested? Here are our requirements
• Graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
• Baccalaureate in Nursing preferred
• Fetal Monitoring Course/Certification
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Past obstetrical experience required with demonstrated knowledge of antepartum care and fetal monitor assessment skills.
• Past experience in care of the high-risk obstetrical customer. • Ability to respond to changing priorities
• Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal communication skills.
Current licensure as RN in State of Minnesota - State Requirement
Hours per two week pay period: 32
Shift: Days 8 hours
Weekend Requirement: None
Work Group: Non Contract
Call Requirement: None