About Blaze Health, LLC
At Blaze Health, you’re part of an inclusive healthcare team dedicated to delivering a more connected experience for our patients. Caring for our patients and team is at the heart of what we do, and our culture is designed to actively support wellbeing, inspire innovation and encourage growth. Our strength lies in our diversity, and we embrace the unique contributions and experiences of each person. Together, we're empowering people to achieve their best health.
About this position
The Clinic Office Assistant is primarily responsible for setting the stage for the best customer experience. Accomplished by facilitating good communication between customers and staff, accurate registration and scheduling of office and procedural appointments, and effectively coordinating all clerical aspects of the customer’s medical care, including required customer identification.
What we’ll expect from you
• Accurately reflects NMH mission/vision/values to support the best customer experience possible.
• Schedules and registers office and procedural appointments per the needs of the clinic/department.
• Using ADIT framework, greets customers and visitors in a pleasant and professional manner. Verifies and updates insurance and demographic information. Completes accurate registration and scheduling in Epic. Creates new electronic medical record (EMR) charts as needed.
• Receives and processes customer payments at time of service. Balances receipts daily.
• Prints encounter forms, has consent forms signed, scans insurance card and notifies medical staff of customers arrival.
• Scans reports into existing records and performs other record maintenance.
• Handles Release of Information requests according to regulatory and department policies governing disclosure of information.
• Answers the telephone appropriately and directs calls and/or takes accurate messages.
• Facilitates communication between the medical staff and outside sources, e.g. referring physicians, outreach, nursing homes, home care and hospice. Communication may include written, electronic, paging, telephonic
• Manages messages and/or work queues as assigned within Epic in-basket.
• Maintains appointment schedule for the clinic/department.
• Schedules outside physician visits, scans, x-rays, CT, injections and labs according to the order and provides outside sources with requested customer information.
• Provides customers with prep instructions and procedure information at the direction of the provider.
• Maintains appearance of reception area and waiting room, maintains coffee/beverage/snack stock and orders additional supplies as needed.
• Retrieves, sorts and delivers interoffice and incoming mail.
• Accepts other duties as assigned to promote the accomplishment of organizational goals.
• The team member is accountable to demonstrate proficiency for the skills outlined in the appropriate position skills list.
• The team member is accountable to maintain skill proficiency, including improvement when deemed necessary, and upgrading any additional or new skills on the appropriate position skills list.
• Recognizes and complies with legal regulatory, accrediting and procedural requirements related to area of responsibility.
• Understands and follows principles and standards as outlined in Blaze Health’s Corporate Code of Conduct.
• Protects customer and team member privacy and only accesses customer and/or team member related information as needed to perform job duties.
• Reports violations or areas of concern to supervisor or Corporate Compliance Officer via established methods of communication.
Interested? Here are our requirements
• High School graduate or equivalent required.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Previous scheduling and/or registration experience in a health care setting preferred.
• Previous computer experience preferred.
• EMR experience preferred.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Computer and keyboarding skills
• Knowledge of medical terminology.
Licensure/Certification(s) Mandatory where Applicable
Hours per two week pay period: 80
Shift: Days 8 hours
Weekend Requirement: None
Work Group: Non Contract
Call Requirement: None
Remote or On-site: On-site
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt