About Blaze Health, LLC
At Blaze Health, you're part of an inclusive health family committed to offering a better way to navigate and experience healthcare. Our team connects and integrates all dimensions of health to create a seamless, simplified care experience. Caring for our customers and team is at the heart of all we do, and our culture is designed to actively support wellbeing, inspire innovation and encourage growth. Our strength lies in our diversity, and we embrace the unique contributions and experiences of each person. Together, we're empowering people to achieve their best health.
About this position
The Physician Assistant (PA) is a health care professional registered to practice medicine with physician supervision under statutes set forth by the MN Board of Medical Practice/Physician Assistant Practice Act. In collaboration and consultation with the physician(s) and other team members, the PA functions as a member of the health care management team to provide continuity of customer and unmatched customer service. .
What we’ll expect from you
• Completes comprehensive medical records including health history, history of chief complaint, and physical examination upon admission and documenting the findings in the customer record.
• Assesses customers using physically and technologically derived data, including the evaluation of diagnostic test results, and documents this assessment in the customer record, recognizes normal and abnormal findings.
• Diagnoses medical conditions and plans medical therapeutics and interventions , makes referrals to other disciplines based on the medical database and documents and communicates the diagnosis and plan to other members of the health care team.
• Performs diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, orders pharmacological and non-pharmacological therapeutics and therapies.
• Evaluates and analyzes customers' response to disease processes and therapeutic interventions, and determines the effectiveness of care and the need to alter the plan of care.
• Provides information and support to customers and families, facilitates communication between customers and family members and members of the health care team.
• Collaborates with members of the health care team to implement and evaluate holistic customer care delivery.
• Serves as a resource to members of the health care team to facilitate customer delivery by using an indepth pathophysiologic and psychosocial knowledge base.
• Documents customer care and communicates with other care givers, including utilizing the electronic health record.
• Provides the necessary information for billing for services provided, and being compliant with the documentation necessary for all services billed in accordance with organizational standards.
• Participates in or initiates activities that enhance professional development with the role as Physician Assistant.
• Acts as a role model, and in selected cases, precepts other APP's.
• Provides leadership and actively participates in the assessment, development, and implementation and evaluation of quality improvement programs.
• Provides customer care by effectively using resources and participating in efforts to minimize costs and prevent unnecessary duplication.
• May be expected to participate in a precepting or collaborative arrangement with a physician based on experience in the specialty and as required by medical staff bylaws.
• Accepts other duties as assigned to promote the accomplishment of organizational goals.
• The provider is accountable for maintaining skill proficiency necessary for the position.
• Recognizes and complies with legal regulatory, accrediting and procedural requirements related to area of responsibility.
• Understands and follows principles and standards as outlined in Blaze Health’s Corporate Code of Conduct.
• Protects customer and team member privacy and only accesses customer and/or team member related information as needed to perform job duties.
• Reports violations or areas of concern to supervisor or Corporate Compliance Officer via established methods of communication.
Interested? Here are our requirements
• Completion of a physician assistant program accredited by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA).
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Two or more years experience in a Physician Assistant role preferred.
• One or more years experience in area of specialization preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Ability to balance prioritize work in a rapidly changing environment.
• Works well independently in addition to being skilled in interdisciplinary collaboration.
• Demonstrates effective written and oral communication.
• Current Minnesota Registration/Licensure as a Physician Assistant through the Minnesota Board of Medical Practice. State Requirement
• Must hold a valid MN DEA. For initial credentialing applicants only: if in the process of obtaining a MN DEA, a physician within the PA's practice must submit a time limited DEA co-sign letter to the Blaze Health Credentialing Office if applicant does not have a DEA certificate
• Physician Assistant Certification through National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA).
Licensure/Certification(s) Mandatory where Applicable
Hours per two week pay period:
Shift: Day/Evening 12 hours
Weekend Requirement: Weekends as Needed
Work Group: Non Contract
Call Requirement: Occasional Call
Remote or On-site: On-site
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt