About Blaze Health, LLC
At Blaze Health, you’re part of an inclusive health family committed to offering a better way to navigate and experience healthcare. Our team connects and integrates all dimensions of health to create a seamless, simplified care experience. Caring for our customers and team is at the heart of all we do, and our culture is designed to actively support wellbeing, inspire innovation and encourage growth. Our strength lies in our diversity, and we embrace the unique contributions and experiences of each person. Together, we’re empowering people to achieve their best health.
About this position
Helps customers address barriers to care, such as transportation, income, insurance, through screening, education, advocacy, and referrals.
This position works on-site in multiple clinic locations with the main location being Fridley, MN. Occasional travel between clinic sites is required. Interviews for this position will take place on-site or virtually via Microsoft Teams.
To ensure the highest level of protection from acquiring and transmitting disease, Blaze Health requires all team members to be fully vaccinated for influenza and COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious exemption from the organization on file as a condition of employment.
What we’ll expect from you
• Performs needs assessments for social determinants of health and provides interventions based on the needs assessment.
• Helps customers address barriers to care, such as transportation, income, insurance, through education, advocacy, and referrals.
• Facilitates and oversees referrals to community organizations, resources, and mental health services while supporting a smooth transition from those organizations back to primary care.
• Collaborates with clinical care team, population health team, and care coordination team as needed to address customer care needs.
• Meets with high utilizers of the Hospital and Emergency Department to address barriers to getting care in the community.
• Meets with customers who are at high risk for readmission.
• Document assessments, care plans and outcomes in the EHR.
• Demonstrates strong communication and teaching skills.
• Other duties as assigned by leadership.
• Accepts other duties as assigned to promote the accomplishment of organizational goals.
• Demonstrates proficiency for the skills outlined in the appropriate position skills list.
• Maintains skill proficiency, including improvement where deemed necessary, and upgrading any additional or new skills on the appropriate position skills list.
• Recognizes and complies with legal regulatory, accrediting, and procedural requirements related to area of responsibility.
• Understands and follows principles and standards as outlined in the Corporate Code of Conduct.
• Protects customer and team member privacy and only accesses customer- and/or team member-related information as needed to perform job duties.
• Reports violations or areas of concern to supervisor or Corporate Compliance Officer via established methods of communication.
Interested? Here are our requirements
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited school for social work.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Three years of experience in delivering care to customers.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Strong communication and teaching skills.
• Licensure at the LSW level in Minnesota (Blaze standard).
Hours per two week pay period: 80
Shift: Days 8 hours
Weekend Requirement: None
Work Group: Non Contract
Call Requirement: None
Remote or On-site: On-site
FLSA Status: Exempt