About this Position
The ID Physician provides direct customer care in the clinic and hospital setting. The Clinic Physician acts as a member of the treatment team, ensures the delivery of quality care, and maintains professional competence. The physician will act within his/her scope of practice and within the privileges granted by Blaze Medical Staff Credentialing. The physician will negotiate the visit agenda with the customer and/or guardian in order to best meet customer expectations.
What we’ll expect from you
• Documentation: Document subjective information (history) gathered through customer and family interview, review appropriate records, and discuss with customer's personal physician when applicable. Perform physical examination, render a diagnosis, and/or consider a differential diagnoses. Provide appropriate treatment and follow-up. Inform customers and families of needs for treatment and assure appropriate consents are obtained when necessary. Complete chart and/or referrals according to established guidelines.
• Customer Experience: Evaluate and follow customer's response related to interventions and/or expected outcomes. Revise plans as appropriate with consideration of customer response. Understand the importance of a positive customer encounter, and perform at or above peer mean and/or customer experience survey tool.
• Productivity: Meet or exceed established productivity targets such as the number of visits per half hour, work RVU/unit time, new customers per month, etc.
• Access: Maintain availability to customer panel including appropriate contact hours based on FTE status.
• Quality: Know and understand customer-centered quality measures. Meet and/or exceed clinic quality goals.
• Citizenship: Take part in a committee or work on a task force, be on-call duty, be flexible in scheduling (e.g. covering ill providers), and cultivate positive working relationships with care team
• Accepts other duties as assigned to promote the accomplishment of organizational goals.
• Be accountable to maintain skill proficiency, including improvement where deemed necessary, and upgrading any additional or new skills on the appropriate position skills list. • Recognizes and complies with legal, regulatory, accrediting and procedural requirements related to area of responsibility.
• Understands and follows principles and standards as outlined in North Memorial's Corporate Code of Conduct.
• Protects customer and team member privacy and only accesses customer and/or team member related information as needed to perform job duties.
• Reports violations or areas of concern to supervisor or Corporate Compliance Officer via established methods of communication.
Interested? Here are our requirements
• Completion of accredited ABMS approved residency.
• Graduate of an accredited Medical or Osteopathic School required.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Must complete credentialing & privileging requirements upon hire.
• Ability to answer customer and family concerns and provide medical advice by telephone to the ambulatory population when necessary.
• Board eligible or certified by an ABMS-approved specialty
• Current State of Minnesota Medical Doctor or Doctor of Osteopathy license
• Valid DEA Registration
• Current medical staff credentials in Specialty
FTE: 1.0 (full-time)