About this position
The Director works across the Blaze Health system to achieve strategic goals, clinical quality, service excellence, personnel management, financial oversight, and business line growth. The incumbent works in partnership with leadership to develop and manage an efficient and effective customer care experience, deliver on financial performance expectations, and implement a culture of unmatched customer service. The Director takes a multi-disciplinary, system-wide approach and direction striving for system-level optimization of the Blaze Health Strategic Plan. The incumbent will act as a technical and content resource for all non-provider clinical activities of the organization and will serve as a consultant to other entities and partners. The Director of Nursing plays a critical role in Blaze Health’s ability to delivery on the value proposition of highest quality care delivered with exceptional service at the lowest possible cost. The Director of Nursing is responsible for directing services, workflows and resources for assigned areas
What we’ll expect from you
• Provide leadership and oversight of non-provider clinical staff. Set direction and objectives, as well as provide feedback for those individuals focused on continuous process improvement.
• Directs clinical staff activities, including competencies and skills assessment, scope of care, staffing mix recommendations, infection prevention, and clinical workflows.
• Analyze and report key metrics to ensure performance on financial, service, and quality metrics
• Effectively collaborate and partner with leaders and other key stakeholders, including North Memorial Health and Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota, on clinical programs to improve the health of customers, optimize the utilization of clinical services and promote a continuous improvement environment.
• Effectively collaborate and partner with medical informatics leadership to maximally leverage the use of the electronic health record improvement programs. Develop, benchmark, and communicate appropriate metrics to measure success and sustainability of improvement efforts.
• Enthusiastically embrace and commit to a customer-oriented focus in process improvements and determine key drivers to provide an exceptional customer experience.
• Identify, leverage, and share best practices across the organization.
• Prepare, monitor and meet departmental human resources and operating budgets.
• Works effectively with cross company partners to execute divisional and departmental initiatives and day-to-day operations.
• Acts as an effective communication conduit horizontally and vertically throughout the organization.
• Develops talent within the team, including acquiring, engaging and retaining.
• Staffs, organizes and schedules the team to leverage maximum labor productivity.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Thought Leadership (Analysis, Strategic Thinking, Financial Acumen)
• Exhibit Inventiveness
• Use Insightful Judgment
• Seek Innovative Solutions
• Apply Financial Action
Results Leadership (Focus on Customers, Managing Execution, Results Orientation)
• Focus on Customers
• See Challenges as Opportunities
People Leadership (Engage and Inspire, Talent Enhancement)
• Engage and Inspire
• Develop Talent
• Build Relationships
Personal Leadership (Adaptability)
• Embrace Change
• Accept Accountability
• Recognizes and complies with legal regulatory, accrediting and procedural requirements related to area of responsibility.
• Understands and follows principles and standards as outlined in Blaze Health’s Corporate Code of Conduct.
• Protects customer and team member privacy and only accesses customer and/or team member related information as needed to perform job duties.
• Reports violations or areas of concern to supervisor or Corporate Compliance Officer via established methods of communication.
Interested? Here are our requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in nursing required; master’s degree preferred and encouraged
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Five (5) years of progressive leadership experience.
• Experience in multi-specialty clinic environment required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Demonstrated experience in nursing leadership, infection prevention, clinical education and process improvement, quality improvement methodology, evidence-based medicine
• Demonstrated strong leadership, communication and team building skills
• Project management and change management experience, preferably in a leadership capacity.
Bachelor’s degree in nursing required
Master’s degree preferred and encouraged
Hours per two week pay period: 80
Shift: Days 8 hours
Weekend Requirement: None
Work Group: Non Contract
Call Requirement: None