About this position
The Echocardiography Technologist works closely with the cardiologist in the assessment and treatment of cardiac diseases in our Accredited Echo Lab which includes outpatients, off-campus sites & inpatients with hospital coverage on-call after hours, weekends and holidays. Diagnostic Ultrasounds testing includes m-mode, 2D, 3D, spectral Doppler, color Doppler, tissue Doppler imaging, strain imaging, contrast enhanced transthoracic echocardiograms, exercise & pharmacology stress echocardiograms and assist the cardiologist with both 2D & 3D transesophageal echocardiograms.
What we’ll expect from you
• Demonstrates skill proficiency outlined to perform complete and accurate echocardiograms.
• Applies critical thinking skills and communicates critical values to the physician in a timely manner.
• Must maintain skill proficiency, including improvement where deemed necessary, and upgrading any additional or new skills on the appropriate position skills list.
• Interacts with physicians, staff, customer and families in a professional manner.
• Demonstrates competency in Epic & PACS reporting computer systems.
• Knowledge of proper transesophageal probe disinfecting techniques must be demonstrated and annually assessed.
• Demonstrates technical competency in the use of contrast agents.
• Contributes to the general operation of the Echo Lab through assigned activities or self-directed involvement.
• Complies with IAC accreditation guidelines and standards.
• Accepts other duties as assigned to promote the accomplishment of organizational goals.
• The team member is accountable to demonstrate proficiency for the skills outlined in the appropriate position skills list.
• The team member is accountable to maintain skill proficiency, including improvement where deemed necessary, and upgrading any additional or new skills on the appropriate position skills list.
• Recognizes and complies with legal regulatory, accrediting and procedural requirements related to area of responsibility.
• Understands and follows principles and standards as outlined in the Corporate Code of Conduct.
• Protects customer and team member privacy and only accesses customer and/or team member related information as needed to perform job duties.
• Reports violations or areas of concern to supervisor or Corporate Compliance Officer via established methods of communication.
Interested? Here are our requirements
• Graduate with an associates or bachelor’s degree from an accredited echocardiography program
• Registered as a cardiac sonographer- RDCS or RCS
• Registry eligible will be considered
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• At least 1 year of previous experience is preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of aseptic technique
• Knowledge of EKG rhythms
• Ability to use Electronic Medical Records
• Registered or Registry eligible: Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS), or Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RCS) in Adult Echocardiography is required. New graduates are required to obtain certification within 12 months of hire as a condition of continued employment
• Minimum of Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
Up to 5k sign on bonus available for candidates not currently employed by Blaze Health, North Memorial Health, or Maple Grove Hospital or those who have been employed by these entities in the last 12 months. $2500 will be paid upon hire and $2500 will be paid after 6 months of employment with a two (2) year commitment to the role. If employment is terminated before the two (2) year commitment is complete full repayment of the $5000 will be required.
Hours per two week pay period: 80
Shift: Days 8 hours
Weekend Requirement: Weekends by Department Rotation
Work Group: Non Contract
Call Requirement: Off Premise Call