About this position
Provides individualized nursing care in the medical center, adult and geriatric customers and families as directed and supervised by the Registered Nurse. Uses the nursing process as a framework for practice in the performance of general and home health specific competencies.
What we’ll expect from you
• Observes and reports subjective and objective information from the customer and family.
• Recognizes changes in condition and reports promptly to the MD or registered nurse.
• Assists to implement treatments and education for the customer and family as directed by the MD and the registered nurse and communicates client responses verbally and in writing as appropriate.
• Provides a safe physical environment.
• Accurately completes progress notes and daily logs.
• Collaborates with other members of the interdisciplinary team.
• Accepts other duties as assigned to promote the accomplishment of organizational goals.
• The team member is accountable to demonstrate proficiency for the skills outlined in the appropriate position skills list.
• The team member is accountable to maintain skill proficiency, including improvement where deemed necessary, and upgrading any additional or new skills on the appropriate position skills list.
• Recognizes and complies with legal, regulatory, accrediting and procedural requirements related to area of responsibility.
• Understands and follows principles and standards as outlined in North Memorial's Corporate Code of Conduct.
• Protects customer and team member privacy and only accesses customer and/or team member related information as needed to perform job duties.
• Reports violations or areas of concern to supervisor or Corporate Compliance Officer via established methods of communication.
Interested? Here are our requirements
• Graduate from a vocational/technical program for licensed practical nursing required.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Previous experience as a licensed practical nurse in hospital or home health preferred.
• Written, oral and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrates technical skills and competencies for the child, adult or geriatric home health customer care.
• Current licensure as Practical Nurse in State of Minnesota
- State Requirement
• Current BLS training or completion of the training process during orientation
- BH Standard
• Valid Class D driver's license in state of residency with acceptable driving record, and annual proof of auto insurance
- BH Standard
Hours per two week pay period: 80
Shift: Days Variable
Weekend Requirement: Weekends by Department Rotation
Work Group: LPNs
Call Requirement: None