About this position
As a laboratory technician, the team member is responsible for assisting with and performance and processing of customer specimens using the appropriate techniques according to regulatory agencies. Customers may include infants, children, adolescents, adults and geriatrics. Responsible for assisting Laboratory Coordinator with taking part in proficiency testing and ongoing quality reporting. Also assists with ordering laboratory supplies.
What we’ll expect from you
• Performs collection and processing of customer specimens using appropriate techniques.
• Assists and performs lab testing on customer specimens and schedules appointments as appropriate.
• Assists with ordering supplies, and restocking of laboratory inventory.
• Ensures competency by completing annual proficiency testing and quality assessments.
• Assists in the orderliness and cleanliness of the laboratory
• Assists with QA/QC logs and equipment functions.
• Uses standard precautions with respect to Infection Control.
• Accepts other duties as assigned to promote the accomplishment of organizational goals.
• The team member is accountable to demonstrate proficiency for the skills outlined in the appropriate position skills list.
• The team member is accountable to maintain skill proficiency, including improvement where deemed necessary, and upgrading any additional or new skills on the appropriate position skills list. • Recognizes and complies with legal, regulatory, accrediting and procedural requirements related to area of responsibility.
• Understands and follows principles and standards as outlined in North Memorial's Corporate Code of Conduct.
• Protects customer and team member privacy and only accesses customer and/or team member related information as needed to perform job duties.
• Reports violations or areas of concern to supervisor or Corporate Compliance Officer via established methods of communication.
Interested? Here are our requirements
• MLT or MT required
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Experience preferred • Knowledge of CLIA, Federal, and State regulations
• Must be detail oriented
ASCPA/NCA certification or elibigility preferred - BH Preferred
Hours per two week pay period: 48
Shift: Days 8 hours
Weekend Requirement: None
Work Group: Non Contract
Call Requirement: None